- Knowledge is power, even when it comes to online advertising
- More than 1.5 billion people have Internet access today
- The amount of time they spend online is increasing
- This has opened a new global market with huge scope for growth
- Your brand gets exposed to the world 24/7/365
- Quick to launch ad campaign and can be done with smaller budget
- Keep on reading or rush down to order your ad space today!
The growth of information on the Internet attracts more and more people all the time. There are now
more than 1.5 billion people worldwide with Internet access. Also, the amount of time those people are
spending online is on the increase. This has opened a new global market with scope for growth. Currently
the United Kingdom is leading the world in terms of web advertising measured as a percentage of total
advertising spend. Worldwide, however, the trend to allocate more advertising spending to online media
(away from traditional media) is quite evident.
Knowledge is power, and this couldn't be more true when considering web advertising. If you would like
to learn more about online marketing, have a look at a series of articles written by Diane Charton and
Jacqui Boyd, available from
MarketingWeb. The same series is also available on our server as a PDF download. You simply cannot ignore the growing importance of
web advertising if you are serious about marketing your brand.
Like all advertising that is undertaken, it is important that your campaign is cost effective and beneficial.
Irrespective of your business model, a campaign must result in more revenue. With web advertising
you have specific advantages, some of which we'll mention next.
Advantages of web advertising
- Low entry: you can advertise online even if you only have a small advertising budget. For example,
banners are much cheaper to create, publish and deliver than a corresponding size print ad.
- Better ad tracking: in comparison to print the Internet offers excellent conversion tracking.
With print advertising your only assurance is usually the circulation figure. However, with Internet
advertising you can specify the number of ads you wish to publish and you can monitor how many
have clicked through.
- Always on: the Internet is a 24/7/365 business. Few people realize that the Internet can work
for you around the clock, every hour, every day, every year.
- Targeted: Internet advertising offers you, the advertiser, a much more targeted approach than
the sometimes gunshot approach offered by print advertising.
- Speed: from the time you decide to advertise till your ad is published on the Internet can literally
be hours or even minutes, especially if you have a creative nick!
- Information: you can access a wealth of information about your visitors such as where did they
come from, how long did they stayed on your website, what keywords were they using to find your site,
some demographics ie country, browser and operating system. These figures are aggregated and does not
reveal the identity of individuals, so their privacy isn't at risk.
Listing guidelines for advertisers on www.Sudoku.co.za
The best ads are interesting, influential and create a sense of responsibility towards the public, which
also holds true of this Website. We'd like to maintain a positive user experience by keeping advertisements
consistent with the look and feel of this Website and clean from intrusive advertisements. The following
products, goods and services are restricted* from advertising on www.Sudoku.co.za:
- Adult goods and services
- Ammunition, firearms, weapons
- Child Pornography
- Colleges that offer degrees, web based and non-accredited
- Competitions, contests and sweepstakes
- Copyright software and media, fake trademarked items
- Dating match making with sexual bias
- Gambling, gaming, online casino, sports betting, bingo, poker
- Hate, violent, racial intolerance
- Inflammatory religious content
- Money making opportunities, get rich quickly schemes, MLM
- Obscene, defamatory, libelous, slanderous and/or unlawful content
- Offensive, profane, vulgar, obscene or inappropriate language
- Pharmaceutical products and devices, uncertified and prescription
- Political content associated with hate, crime or terrorist activities
- Scams, illegal activity, pyramid schemes, or chain letters
- Spam inducing content, trap marketing
- Surveillance equipment, spy cameras
- Tobacco products
Sudoku.co.za reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to accept or withdraw any advertisement which
does not comply. These guidelines are subject to change at any time and Sudoku.co.za may waive any of
these guidelines at its discretion. Please note: the fact that we don't mention horse racing (for example)
does not mean we'll accept it while gambling is restricted. The above-mentioned list serves as an indication
of what is acceptable or not. If unsure, contact us to obtain pre-approval before activating your campaign.
Sudoku Puzzle Pages
All free Puzzle Pages on Sudoku.co.za carries advertising space. Free puzzles can be found at Puzzle
of the Day (all 5 levels) and under Custom Puzzles (first 2 levels) - available to Registered Users.
Advertising space is sold in bundled quantities of 10 000, 50 000 and 100 000 impressions.
Daily Free Sudoku Emails
Registered Users may subscribe to our newsletter (called Daily Free Sudoku Email) voluntarily. Our mailing
list therefore represents people who really want to receive Sudoku Puzzles via email. Advertising
space exist on these emails and are sold in bundled quantities of 10 000, 50 000 and 100 000 impressions.
Sent out daily to our double opt-in subscriber list. Recipients are all Registered Users of Sudoku.co.za.
Notes: Banner size 468 x 60 pixels, max 40KB, GIF, JPEG,
Rates exclude any Agency Commission and make up charges
Sudoku.co.za has final approval rights of any material before and during placement
We offer excellent marketing opportunities that will appeal to products and services which are often
restricted from advertising on social and family friendly websites. For more choice, consider our Branding
option or Contact us.